South Bristol Schools Crisis

Offers for primary school places have been made for September 2014 and we are delighted that the local schools were able to accommodate all children living in the area. Many families got their first choice. Thank you to the Council and schools for their hard work.

The area now has sufficient reception places for all the children in the area. There has been strong support from the Council, with the acquisition of land for Ashton Gate and Southville to expand, and from the local schools which have expanded or taken on "bulge" classes when needed. There are also plans to create a new school on the caravan site near Spike Island, which should increase choice for BS3 families and help with the lack of places in the Hotwells and Clifton Wood areas.

We continue to monitor these developments and keep the community informed.

South Bristol Schools Campaign is a community-led group initially formed when there was a lack of local school places in BS3. It seems that long term solutions are now in place, so our role will now be limited to liaising with schools and the Council to ensure the delivery of promised new places and new sites, and to share information with the local community.

For the latest information, join the mailing list - this will allow the campaign group to quickly and easily inform and keep track of all those concerned.

You can also email the campaign group:

Friday, 25 November 2011

Ashton Gate Expansion Survey

Following the Ashton Gate open meeting on Thursday 24th November, the governors of Ashton Gate Primary School have asked people to complete a survey on the proposed expansion of the school by Monday 28th November. 

 "Ashton Gate Primary School governors would like to hear your views on the possible expansion of the school to accommodate an additional Reception class from September 2012. We’d like your input based on the information provided to you by the school and the Local Authority, and discussions at the open meeting on 24th November. Governors will decide, by the end of November, whether to expand temporarily onto the land next to the church. Any plans for further, permanent, expansion will be based on detailed proposals from the LA in the coming months and further consultation with parents. "

Please support us by completing the survey.

No comments:

Post a Comment